3/17/2016

The American Jazz Museum



Day 21. Three weeks have passed. We made a visit to the American Jazz Museum in Kansas City. All kinds of jazz giants are celebrated at that place. We, traveling musicians, were especially fascinated by the tour schedule of Duke Ellington Big Band on both monthly schedule and daily detailed schedule. Wow, they were much busier than us and also we found out that they were totally treated like celebrities. Jazz musicians treated like celebrities? I've never heard of that.

Charlie Parker's contract was interesting too because it was signed on the musicians' union in New York which I belonged to (AFM local 802). I was also glad to find out that, among about 100 pictures of jazz musicians, I found my teacher of my music college.

We are going through the State of Missouri and heading to Shenandoah, Iowa today. Another 6-day streak of concerts begins!

No comments:

Instagram feed!

Instagram Map!